how many more thunderbird updates

mrgrumpy 12:32 08 Nov 2019

it only seems like 2 weeks ago I got the infamous green arrow saying thunderbird has been updated , it did not update via the update tab I had to go to website and get the new version.

today its happened again , so I checked the site and yes its gone from 68.2.0 to the 68.2.2 build , last time I got a new version I lost my address book , language pack and dictonary and had to re-enter all my email addresses.

Just curious why a new version after only 2 weeks and why it cant be done through update tab in program.

alanrwood 15:15 08 Nov 2019

It can be done through the update tab. I have done so on 10 machines.

mrgrumpy 16:36 08 Nov 2019

Hi alan I have mentioned this in the past , if I click on update tab it says I am up to date but if I go to website it says their is a newer version so I just install newer version over the top of what I have.

Forum Editor 09:20 10 Nov 2019

Moved to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Forum Editor 09:22 10 Nov 2019

"Just curious why a new version after only 2 weeks"

Presumably it is because the software company felt it necessary. They don't do it just for fun, and frankly I don't see the problem.

mrgrumpy 12:55 10 Nov 2019

Good morning to you FE. whilst I accept that they must be updating for a reason I must add that their system is flawed. I have just launched thunderbird and the little green arrow top right popped up again to tell me I am running an outdated version. I have 68.2.2.

I went to the website and clicked the download button and the download banner that appears at the bottom of the screen asked me if I wanted to run or save 68.2.2.

I don't get how I can be told I need to update then get offered the same version.

BTW I tried to join the mozzilla thunderbird forum but when I tried to register it said I was blocked because of spamming , how could I be blocked from southing I have never used ?

alanrwood 10:01 12 Nov 2019

Mr G

It would appear you have a [problem with your T/B installation as after using T/B for many years on up to 10 machines I have never experienced your problem. As the problem seems to carry through I would just suggest that you try making a new clean profile. In the run box type "thunderbird.exe -p" and create a new profile. See if the problem still exists. If so I would revert to the original profile and try a completely clean install but save the existing profile in a new location for the facility to restore it should you need to.

Forum Editor 13:33 13 Nov 2019

"how could I be blocked from southing I have never used ?"

Perhaps your email address has somehow found its way onto a spam register.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de r├ęductions sur des produits Logitech G