How many ad blockers should/can I use?

Gordon Freeman 11:23 15 Mar 2018
Answered

I mostly use Edge browser, & although I have ABP installed, I recently got u-block origin through windows store which seems to block more, & is more effective than ABP. [It certainly works better on this site, for example].

Should I be using just one ad-blocker, or is it ok to use more than one? Was wondering about if there'd be any conflicts similar to those when using 2 anti-virus programs, & any browsing speed impact. Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:47 15 Mar 2018
Answer

I use two Ghostery and Adblock, I know of otherpeople using at least three, I don't think it mattersif you use more than one.

wee eddie 14:56 15 Mar 2018

I don't mind a few Ads. Adblock Plus appears to do the business for me

Pine Man 15:07 15 Mar 2018

I run an iMac with Safari and use the same two as Fruit bat with no ill effects.

Gordon Freeman 15:12 15 Mar 2018

OK chaps, thanks for that.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus