How to make printer the default printer

ponytail 18:54 18 Jan 2017
Answered

We have two printers and I want to change the default printer but when I right click on the one I want to be the default one I do not get the option to change.Can someone advise If I right click the default one there is a green tick meaning it is the default printer.Can I change the green tick to the printer I want as the default one

chub_tor 19:17 18 Jan 2017

Are you using Windows 10? If so your printer may be being selected automatically as the last one you used. Go to Settings. Devices and Printers and see if the switch marked Let Windows Manage my Default Printer is on. If so turn it off.

ponytail 19:28 18 Jan 2017

I am using Windows 7

ponytail 19:30 18 Jan 2017

Cannot see this Let Windows Manage my Default Printer is on. If so turn it off.when I go into devices and printers.

lotvic 19:53 18 Jan 2017

Here's a youtube vid click here yes you rightclick on the printer you want to set as default and then left click on 'set as default printer' and the green tick will be transferred to your choice.

BRYNIT 20:23 18 Jan 2017

Go to Control panel / Devices and Printers. Right click on the printer and select set as default printer.

wee eddie 20:44 18 Jan 2017

As a matter of interest. Is the one you want to make default, connected and turned on?

ponytail 07:49 19 Jan 2017
Answer

I have just removed the Brother printer from devices and printers and re-installed it and set it as the default printer and it works so thank's for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)