How to make None Smart TV smart !

spike1947 17:16 04 Apr 2019

Hi

I have a LG 43" TV 43LF540V , it is not a smart TV , but it has a LAN conection and it will connect to a Sky SC201 wifi hub ( used for Sky on demand ) I do have a Sky + hd box on free view ! . Anyway what I am trying to do is try to make my none smart TV into a smart to only to cast a web page to the TV from my PC ( ia a TalkTalk router ). But I seem to have problems with that scenario , I don't seem to be able to connect to the interent via this Sky hub via my PC , but the strange thing is if I turn my wifi of on my laptop ( there is a manual switch to do that ) I can connect to the internet via the Sky hub . Not sure if I am explaining this very well ! .

cheers

Spike

john bunyan 18:03 04 Apr 2019

This might do. You have to subscribe to things like Netflix

Fire stick

spike1947 18:06 04 Apr 2019

Hi Thanks for your reply ,yes I know that way but I was trying to use it with the Sky Wifi unit , I thought I could get to stream to it via my PC , I can do it with my laptop but I am having problems via my PC ! .

cheers

spike

difarn 18:23 04 Apr 2019

Is your Talk Talk router dual band? Will your Sky Box connect to the 2.4GHz network?

Kevin Alders 18:49 04 Apr 2019

Not sure if I am explaining this very well !

Unfortunately your not. john bunyan's answer is the best option.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:04 04 Apr 2019

The LAN port is for software upgrade purposes only

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Les bons plans TV (2019)