How to make links change colour or underline

murgle 22:12 18 Jan 2005

Hi,

I have a website built using frontpage 2000. Can anyone tell me how I can make my text links change colour or underline when the mouse is hovered over.

Many thanks

LeadingMNMs 22:53 18 Jan 2005

If you using a stylesheet then you just use something like:

a:hover{color:red}

Which would cause the text to change to red when the link is hover over.

murgle 05:47 19 Jan 2005

Thanks for the reply. Where do I enter this.

Thanks

LeadingMNMs 08:44 19 Jan 2005

I'll assume that means that your not using stylesheets, and at the moment I do not have the time to explain how to create them.

Perhaps someone knows of another way to do this with the options in frontpage. I'm more use to writing in HTML rather than using a graphical editor.

murgle 09:39 19 Jan 2005

Although I don't build websites using HTML I have in the past copied and pasted HTML in to my pages for various functions. Is there any coding available I could simply paste in to the page.

Thanks

Matt45 09:48 19 Jan 2005

Copy and paste the following code between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags at the top of your page.

<STYLE>
A:LINK { color: red; text-decoration: none; }
A:HOVER { color: blue; text-decoration: underline }
</STYLE>

The A:LINK line defines the colour and whether the link is underlined or not when just displayed on the page. The A:HOVER line defines the colour and whether the link is underlined or not when the mouse hovers over the link.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Matt45 09:49 19 Jan 2005

The code should have come out like this, but it doesn't really make much difference apart from when I'm talking about the seperate lines.

<STYLE>
A:LINK { color: red; text-decoration: none; }
A:HOVER { color: blue; text-decoration: underline }
</STYLE>

Matt45 09:51 19 Jan 2005

Oh well, still came out wrong!

murgle 09:56 19 Jan 2005

I will give this a try when I get home from work. Many thanks.

megat193 18:35 19 Jan 2005

In Front Page:

With a page open in 'Normal' view, go to 'Format', 'Background', and choose 'Page Properties' tab if it hasn't already done so. Tick the 'Enable hyperlink rollover effects' box. This will activate the default rollover effects. If you want to change them then you can do so in the menu below that, but the default settings are good enough.

murgle 21:42 20 Jan 2005

I tried copying the above html in to my page but it did not work.

Also followed megat193's instructions but I was unable to find the menu's mentioned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?