How is IE7 Beta

sunny staines 12:43 20 Mar 2006

IE7 Beta how been out a while now. Having read all the MS web tutorials on IE7 it looks good.

But a search on the web is full of opinons complaining of all manner of faults.

I presume these earlier bugs have been put right by now. Any one using IE7 give us an update please. [dont want to run it then have problems reverting back].

Thanks

dms05 12:57 20 Mar 2006

I'm sure IE7 is a long way from a full release and you'll have to use the Beta version for some considerable time. I've tried IE7 Beta and it's certainly a lot better than IE6, but that's not saying much. If you want the IE7 features but in a stable package look at Opera v8.5 or Firefox. They are complete stable packages and are better than IE7 will be, even when it's released as a full vesion.

I uninstalled IE7 Beta because I had lots of problems when it was installed on an almost new laptop. But that's just my experience. I know the Forum Editor has been using it for several months without problems.

rawprawn 12:57 20 Mar 2006

I tried it, didn't like it and uninstalled it. I hope the full version will suit me better than the beta.

spuds 12:58 20 Mar 2006

Like all beta version, there (on the law of averages) are bound to be some niggles.

Having just done a complete new reformat, I was contemplating installing IE7, but after consideration, I decided not to be a guinea pig this time.Some reviews look very good, others not so (that's life).

Newuser38 14:02 20 Mar 2006

Still using it, click here, in fact I had forgotten I had it until I saw this posting which shows I have got used to using all the extra functions, tabs etc automatically, and I have not had any more related crashes.

sunny staines 14:43 20 Mar 2006

newuser 38

thankyou for the link. Still pondering

ACOLYTE 14:46 20 Mar 2006

Its only 11Meg? or is that the default dload and you need to goonline for the rest?

gel 16:26 20 Mar 2006

I tried it didn't like it Uninstalled and back to FIREFOX
gel

BRYNIT 17:22 20 Mar 2006

I am still using it, never had any problems, and found it ideal to enlarge the print you have selected from a web page before printing without having to copy and paste into a word doc.

Newuser38 17:29 20 Mar 2006

Just came across this during pre-drink browsing may be relevant to some folk click here

sunny staines 12:16 21 Mar 2006

do I download beta2 or beta2 refresh I get the impression the latter is just for programmers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?