How to get VPN services on a Smart TV

mistajohn 20:39 18 Mar 2018

Hi, I have just purchased a Samsung Smart TV. Living outside the UK, I would like to watch BBC iPlayer. I have read it's possible to share a VPN, e.g. between an Ipad and the Smart TV. I have put the Smart TV on my Home network and I have the NordVPN app on my ipad. Any advice on next steps would be appreciated. Thanks.

john bunyan 21:32 18 Mar 2018

Not sure if this helps?

tehcadvisor

john bunyan 21:34 18 Mar 2018

Ps Do you have a pc?

mrcalif 04:05 19 Mar 2018

I have read it's possible to share a VPN, e.g. between an Ipad and the Smart TV.

That's only possible if your iPad is Wifi+Cellular.

mistajohn 08:11 19 Mar 2018

John, I do have a PC, more than one. Currently I have an old laptop with an HDMI cable to a non-smart TV. I was hoping to simplify life by buying a smart tv. It looks like I cannot.

mrcalif 09:21 19 Mar 2018

As long as your laptops or PC have both a Wireless and NIC Card it’s possible.

The other way is to purchase another router which has VPN Server capabilities.

difarn 12:05 19 Mar 2018

Would it be possible to use screen mirroring using this app from the Apple Store if you can get VPN ok on you ipad.

click here

martd7 12:35 19 Mar 2018

Best to ask for advice,ask the VPN provider Nord,I read their customer service is excellent

Chiceworks 15:12 02 Jul 2018

One of the solutions for NordVPN to work with your Smart TV is to set it up on your router (here are some tutorials click here Another solution is a new app, I've heard they've released one for Android TV, maybe it works.

mrcalif 16:40 02 Jul 2018

Samsung's don't run Android

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?