How to get Batteries for a Sharp Minidisc recorder

Geoff Lawes 17:19 28 Mar 2018

I used my Sharp MD-MT 80 mini disc recorder for several years with great satisfaction . I then spent a long time in hospital when I did not use it and found that it did not work when I tried to use it again . Because it was clear that the recorder was not producing the power required to function I bought a new electrical mains power adaptor but then discovered that the batteries would not charge. I have unsuccessfully searched the internet trying to buy replacements for the AD-N70BT rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries. Both the user manual and the information written upon the back of the recorder tell me “A rechargeable battery other than the AD-N70BT cannot be charged. I will be very grateful if you can inform me about where I can buy new batteries which are suitable for my Sharp MD-MT 80 . Or perhaps there are batteries, other than the recommended AD-N70BT rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries, which will bring my MD-MT 80 back to life? Regards, Geoff Lawes

compumac 17:38 28 Mar 2018

click here

Perhaps

HondaMan 17:41 28 Mar 2018

If the batteries are AA or AAA sized, the manual is not clear, then any rechargeable of the same physical size and capacity should do.

HondaMan 17:42 28 Mar 2018

I should also have added that a lithium ion would also do!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:56 28 Mar 2018

click here £20 for a battery seems a bit steep unless its for a pack of 4.

Even then you should be able to pick up a pack of 1.2v AA NiMh batteries much cheaper e.g. Duracell rechargeableplus, the bigger the mAh rating the blonger they last in the machine, don't go for less than 2500mAh

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:57 28 Mar 2018

You can put any AA battery in it to make it work the problem is you need NiMh if you want to charge them in the actual player

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs