How to Email Merge personal data and attachments

AroundAgain 12:08 10 Apr 2018

Hi

I believe this is likely to be a bit complex and rather challenging (for me, at least) so I'll try to be clear.

I have Windows 10, and MS Office Pro 2010 so using Word 2010 to create merged documents, Access 2010 for data and Outlook 2010 to send the emails from

I need to email personal details (so NOT in the body of email) using Email Merge, plus two attached pdf documents to approx 100 recipients.

I am aware of Mail Merge Toolkit ($25) ? GBP and Outlook Mail Merge Attachment (OMMA) Free but I'm not sure either will do what I need. I've not used either of these. I have previously tried Doug Robbins' download but it won't do the email merge to an attached document,as far as I know.

So, ideally, I'd like a short message in the body of the email, the merged data in an attached document (which recipient is asked to complete form and return (can print off, complete then scan/email or post) They will have option to ask for postal copy and SAE if they prefer. Two other documents, either Word or (preferably pdf) must also be attached.

I'm not sure this is possible but has anyone any ideas, suggestions, work-around etc. Obviously, the easy way would be to post them all but cost is a factor to be considered.

Many thanks for any help. Please ask if you need further information

AroundAgain 10:43 11 Apr 2018

Oh dear, looks like I've asked the impossible.

It looks as if my best option is snail-mail after all

Thanks for reading my post anyway.

alanrwood 19:38 11 Apr 2018

I have been trying to find out how to do this for years without success so if you come up with anything please get back.

AroundAgain 19:58 11 Apr 2018

Hi Alan

Have you looked at OMMA, link is above? If I knew how to mail merge and save merged documents as pdf, I think this would suit me well. Maybe I should investigate how to do just that?

Apparently MailChimp will do this and there is a free version available but has a limit on the number of emails you can send out. I believe it's an online service so not appropriate for my my situation. It might be suitable for your needs, tho. Perhaps worth looking into?

So, likewise, if you manage to find a work-around / way to do this, please let me know too ;)

Thanks for posting

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nintendo Labo review: Hands-on

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Les meilleurs SSD (2018)