How do you remove Tiscali CD

Sethhaniel 10:26 22 Mar 2004

In latest edition of PCAdvisor (May 2004) - followed all advice gently lift cd to remove from page without damaging page - all well - but the cd is glued into the binding of the magazine - thus the removal has shattered the cd leaving parts of cd and its cover still stuck in the binding of magazine - which would mean destroying the magazine to remove remaining piece. And of course CD totally unusable.

Gongoozler 10:37 22 Mar 2004

I find the best way to remove the cd is to support the page, and gently but firmly rotate the cd. I haven't had a torn page for many months using this method.

paddyjack 12:06 22 Mar 2004

a warm iron on the back of the page, or a hair dryer also on the back of the page

Sethhaniel 12:53 22 Mar 2004

This CD has become part of the magazine as it has been glued into the binding of the magazine - if the magazine was stapled the staple would be through the CD ;)- to keep the magazine in one piece I have had to leave a half inch of CD and cover which is solidly glued into spine ;} - As the CD is in a way SPAM which usually is filed in the round recepticle on the floor - only this time it has had to be put there in bits ;}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?