How do you get a USB 2 drive with Autorun to work?

RESP 12:20 04 Jan 2005

I was lucky enough to get a 1Gb USB 2.0 drive for Christmas. It was supplied by click here a Korean company so their website is indecipherable and the Google translation is hopeless! The drive has a security feature: it is configured as 2 drives - say E and F. Drive E contains a password facility and once you have set up the password it allows you to access the F drive. This ensures your data remains safe if you lose the USB drive. However, the USB drive has an Autorun facility which my PC does not seem to recognise. When I insert the USB drive nothing appears to happen. The Device Manager recognises the drive as an Autorun device and if I click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon in the system tray it is recognised as Drives E and F. However, I am unable to access either the E or F drive and it is not recognised by Windows Explorerm or accessible via "My Computer". I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2. Can anyone help, please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:30 04 Jan 2005

Try my computer - right click e drive -properties - autoplay tab - prompt me each time...

RESP 22:09 04 Jan 2005

Thanks for the swift response. Unfortunately this doesn't work as the E and F drives don't register on 'My Computer'. This is part of the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Amazon Echo: What’s the best Alexa speaker?

Kano Computer Kit Complete review: A fun DIY 'laptop' that teaches kids to code

Best pro photo editors for Mac 2018

TV & streaming : comment regarder les Jeux olympiques d’hiver 2018 ?