How do we get rid of red ten welcome screen???

bigal1808 11:08 15 Oct 2008

My mate had a 'free' pc from redten when he signed up to their internet.
Well, as you probably already know, they've gone belly up, and he's got a new provider.
So, we want to get rid of the redten welcome screen which appears every time we switch the pc on, AND we can't change ie7 away from the redtem homepage.
Does anyone know what we need to do?
I don't mind changing the registry, if nescessary, if someone will tell me how.
I've tried changing the homepage in internet options, but that won't work!!!
Or, is there a setting in the bios we need to change.
If all else fails, would re-configuring get rid of it.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Covergirl 12:22 15 Oct 2008

. . . the redten software ?

Covergirl 12:27 15 Oct 2008

. . . from what sounds like another frustrated customer
Here's the page link:

click here

Here's the text from a post. Stick with it, I think it makes sense !

The console after I take off the redten annoying thing have the "X" to close down , what I did I have typed REDTEN on Search > Files and Folders , come out fill files I have deleted each foder manually then I have typed on Run REGEDIT and did search for everthing that say`s redten on registry editor " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" righ click on the mouse and the Find ...(typed REDTEN) . and deleted one by one manually , maybe You do not whant to do that! I did , because I hate this companny`s that try to control my pc ... I did the regedit thing , because after I have deleted every file and foder that is from reten the console became white ...
any way for the rest I`m happy with the deal , and I recomend , but the customer services is rubish !!! and I do not care about the portal anyway , and in my next 3 years probally I will visit only 5 to 10 times ... email ? I don`t care less , I only use gmail (THE BEST!) ... so for my use I belive is very good (better than my old`s ISP) and my exchange will have 24mb on january ... niceeeeeeeee

howard64 14:31 15 Oct 2008

first have a look at themes - right click an empty section of the screen then properties. It may be a modified theme - set to windows xp. If not I have the instructions for modifying the registry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?