How do I use mouse keys in Vista?

Trenny 17:12 11 Jul 2014
Answered

I have followed the directions on click here, but this is for windows 7 and doesn't appear to work in my Vista laptop. I was directed to m/enable/demos/windowsvista/mousedemo.aspx, but there is a message saying that a plugin is needed for this demo., but no further directions. Can anyone help, please?

Trenny 22:13 12 Jul 2014

Thank you woolwell. I have now followed quite a few of the ease of access direcions. Yes, I have a numeric keyooard, but can't get it working ie specifically - how can I use the keyboard to go from one proram icon to the next on the desktop (ie main screen)?

I have set up quite a few short-cut keys, but they don't always work eg alt+ctl+F to open Firefox.

Trenny 23:00 14 Jul 2014

Thank you Woolwell. Winkey + D and using the arrow keys is real progress!

I'll have a play with one of the touch screen laptops when I am next in a computer store, but i am not sure thst it would help with my hand tremor.

Re mousekeys. I can turn it on using alt, left shift and num lock. But I can't see how to move the cursor with the numeric keyboard.One page I found on the net is eg to press 7 to go up and to the left, or to move it up press 8. I will play with this further...

Trenny 10:36 19 Jul 2014

Woolwell. This is a steep learning curve. I seem to have lost the ability to use winkey + D to move around the desktop items. It togglesd between the open programs instead. I am following the directions in the bbc link you sent. ALSO I cannot get the mouse to move using the number pad. I may have misunderstood - Pressing /6 does absolutely nothing.

Trenny 10:25 22 Jul 2014

Yes, the mouse speed was set too slow. I'll sign off here and 'practice'. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?