How do I transfer tracks from Itunes to another PC

cyberphobic 15:06 28 May 2006

My daughter has several hundred tracks on Itunes on her desktop PC. I have just bought her a laptop. How do I transfer all the music on Itunes on the desktop to the laptop? have tried the obvious things but no success.

Smiler 15:45 28 May 2006

That's DRM for you :-(

Smiler 15:48 28 May 2006

Have you got the itunes program on the laptop?

Smiler 15:50 28 May 2006

Here's another tip click here

Smiler 15:52 28 May 2006

More ways here click here

cyberphobic 22:27 28 May 2006

Thanks for your multiple contributions - the solution which worked for me was as follows - In iTunes on the host computer, I selected Edit/Preferences/Advanced I then ensured that "Keep iTunes folder organised" and "Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library" were both ticked, I then clicked on "Change" iTunes music folder location and browsed to a folder which I had created in the external hard drive which I had connected. I then clicked OK, closed the screen and went to Advanced/Consolidate Library and clicked OK. This copied all the files to the external drive which I then connected to the laptop. I then went to"Select All", then "Copy" and then clicked on the library icon in iTunes and all 727 tracks were instantly transferred!

Lyn2 05:38 17 Mar 2009

This happened to me recently, and I used this iTunes-to-iTunest transfer program to help me.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)