How do I revert back to IE7 from IE8

Grambo 19:48 30 Apr 2009

Not sure if i want to use IE8 yet. I tried to cancel download but it went thru to install

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:52 30 Apr 2009
  Technotiger 20:03 30 Apr 2009

If using XP, un-installing IE8 should I believe, return you to IE7 automatically.

Grambo 20:11 30 Apr 2009

I have now reverted back to IE7. Now when i open explorer a message opens saying

'Protected mode is currntly turned off for the local intranet zone'

Do i have to act on this info?

Windows vista home premium
Kaspersky 2009

thanks

rdave13 20:16 30 Apr 2009

If I remember correctly in IE7 click on tools- internet options- security tab and there should be a box to tick to enable Protected mode.

john bunyan 21:56 30 Apr 2009

I, like you, wanted to go back to ie7. I uninstalled ie8 in Add/remove programmes and IE7 popped up to install. In the end I solved the printing problem I had with ie8 (Easyweb Cannon toolbar freezes up ie8) and have reinstalled it. What, incidentally, was the problem you had with IE8?

Grambo 22:15 30 Apr 2009

I found it very slow in opening 'new' blank web page, and didnt like google opening at this stage. I have recently installed kapersky 2009 and believe that pc has slowed slightly after using mcafee. Like i said i never wanted to install it as i usually like to research it and see how ie8 performs out there

thanks to all for help and advice

alexartox 06:16 01 May 2009

IE8 is very unstable, still...

I stick with Firefox and Google Chrome, safari seems ok, unless I'm using Mac.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique