How Do I Remove PUP.Optional.Conduit.A

RegScriv 10:39 04 Jun 2014

Can anyone help me remove the PUP.Opional.Conduit.A. Malwarebytes removes it but it returns when the computer is restarted. I can't find it in regedit. Malwarebytes identifies it a being in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences but this is a file and the PUP isn't visible. Can anyone help.

john bunyan 11:04 04 Jun 2014

Have a read here

remove Conduit a

spuds 12:23 04 Jun 2014

You could try ADWCleaner, which will find the offending object, but whether it will remove completely, you will need to try and see. I have used this programme with partial success on a problem PUP. ASWCleaner click here

RegScriv 13:24 04 Jun 2014

Well, that seems to have done it. Two restarts & checks with Malwarebytes shows me clear. Downloaded ADW & ran it, ran JWR, cleared user data in Chrome and reset IE, so far so good. Thanks everyone for your help.

Interestingly, I caught this virus when downloading video converter tools. I took the precaution of setting a System Restore first. In using the System Restore it didn't get rid of the Consuit.A malware.

I have a Macrium image prior to the problem but thanks to you guys I didn't need to use it.

iscanut 15:05 04 Jun 2014

Conduit is a common pest. I have had it twice over past couple of months and Malwarebytes got rid of it. You are not alone !

RegScriv 11:46 05 Jun 2014

Interesting tip Woolwell. Presumably you save it in downloads. What do you use to scan it with?

RegScriv 15:45 06 Jun 2014

I have the Malwarebytes Free so it wouldn't have jumped in the way your Pro version did. I have Norton Internet Security which didn't pick up on the Conduit.A as I would have expected, especially since it is a known threat. From your experience I'm tempted to buy the Pro version of Malwarebytes

BillSers 08:35 27 Aug 2014

I use Unchecky which works in the background and unchecks those pesky ticks that no one wants when downloading software click here

john bunyan 14:50 17 Nov 2014

RegScriv

First see if it is in "Programmes and features", then uninstall it. Then download and run ADWCleaner from

Bleeping Computer

Let it run (takes a while to scan) - accept recommendations on re start.

onthelimit1 15:33 17 Nov 2014

JB - this thread is 3 mths old.

john bunyan 15:55 17 Nov 2014

onthelimit1

Thanks! I was asleep!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)