How do I increase size of my local disc 'I'?

olddromola 10:21 25 Feb 2007

My reasonably new PC came with a local disc 'I' into which most of the programmes have been stored. As it is only 5GB in size it is now nearly full, and I want to increase it in size by another 5GB. There is 145GB spare capacity on my 'C' drive so there should be no problem, but how do I transfer 5GB from 'C' to 'I'?

you can use partition magic but be carefull as some machines have a partition containing the recovery information. do you have the os disc or is it a floppy? you could simply install any software on to the c drive in future

Technotiger 10:46 25 Feb 2007

Hi, I would advise extreme caution - I am only guessing, but it looks to me as if your 'I' is a Rescue Partition on your main hard-drive, which should not be added to or tampered with. All your additional software, games, security programs - like avg etc, and other programs like Word and digicam programs etc would normally go onto 'C'. If you have installed games or programes into 'I' I would advise uninstalling them and re-installing them into 'C'.

Can you give us more info about your reasonably new PC - ie, OS, manufacture etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?