How do I get rid of Twain-Tech?

CurlyWhirly 21:42 26 Aug 2004

I have the registered version of Pest Patrol and it keeps finding the following trojan Twain-Tech although it also says on the Pest Patrol screen that it is adware.
If it is adware I am not to bothered about it but if it is a trojan I don't like the sound of that.

I run Pest Patrol and after deleting it it ALWAYS keeps coming back at the next reboot.
I have been to Pest Patrol's information page at click here
but the manual removal instructions look VERY long winded.
Is it much of a risk leaving this on my PC?
CW

VoG II 21:45 26 Aug 2004
  CurlyWhirly 22:09 26 Aug 2004

The manual removal instructions don't look quite so complex as the ones posted on the Pest Patrol site!
I will try this out now and thanks.
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:16 26 Aug 2004

That could explain why Internet Explorer was slowing down as on the Pest Patrol site it states that it 'may slow down IE'
Sorted.
Thanks VoG™
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:19 26 Aug 2004

That could explain why Internet Explorer was slowing down as on the Pest Patrol site it states that it 'may slow down IE'
Sorted.
Thanks VoG™
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:21 26 Aug 2004

Server problems again!
CW

VoG II 22:24 26 Aug 2004

I do not have a high opinion of Pest Patrol. Glad you are sorted, apart from the twitchy finger ;o)

CurlyWhirly 22:46 26 Aug 2004

What happened was I had a JRun server error after patiently waiting for around 3 minutes (if you notice the first reply was sent at 22.16 which timed out and then I pressed refresh and that's when the second post arrived at 22.19) so I presses refresh and thats why I had a double post!
Thanks again VoG™
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:49 26 Aug 2004

Last time I bother you tonight!
Why do you not have much regard for Pest Patrol?
Is there a reason?
Just curious!
CW

VoG II 22:57 26 Aug 2004

It was a carefully worded statement. I'm sure you will understand.

CurlyWhirly 23:27 26 Aug 2004

No probs!
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?