Hot Topics

How do I get out of administator mode on my laptop

laptopdunce 22:34 18 Aug 2016
Answered

How do I get out of this!! I logged on again (I normally use a 4 digit pincode) there is a little arrow to the left of the log on pin number on the start screen so I clicked on that and it came up as "ADMINISTRATOR" so I set that up, it seems to be some sort of Acer yellow desktop background and still brought up all my normal programme icons on the left, BUT when I logged off and logged on again I only get the administrator page coming up! I want to just log on with my normal PIN code - how can I do this? This is a follow up question to a pre-existing unresolved problem, this is why I hate messing with these computers when I cant get it back to how it was before, thanks Laptopdunce.

laptopdunce 22:48 18 Aug 2016
Answer

I have managed to get it back to the non administrator mode by pointing the mouse to top right and bringing that menu that swings in from the right on windows 8.1, and altering the "start" button settings, phew thats a relief, the administrator page was so slow!! thanks laptopdunce

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:55 19 Aug 2016

You can (should) disable the hidden admin the same way as I told you to enable it but change the yes to no.

laptopdunce 15:06 19 Aug 2016

where is that again? I couldnt find a yes/no tab??thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:24 19 Aug 2016

Right click start - Command Prompt - type

net user administrator /active:no

press enter - close command prompt.

laptopdunce 15:38 19 Aug 2016

should I do that now? or wait to do this on my Dutch laptop (now that I am out of the adminsitrator log on?? I can always come back to this post and do that when I am back in The Netherlands next week on the other laptop, by the way I posted (I think) the pics on that tinyprint page of my disk management and this computer folder on the other post, thnaks laptopdunce

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:11 19 Aug 2016

If you leave it active then anyone can get in your laptop you can always switch it on again when needed.

laptopdunce 17:53 19 Aug 2016

I do have a pincode to get into the laptop, when I was in the administrator mode only , it would simply open up with no pin or any level of security.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Report says rental e-scooters will be legal on UK roads from Saturday

How are agencies approaching hiring creatives of colour?

Big Sur brings us closer to a Mac/iPad hybrid... or does it?

Les bons plans gadgets high tech (2020)