How do I find the right driver for Windows 10?

Sahil Gupta 03:03 23 Jan 2017

Hey guys, so I have the Asus ROG GL552JX laptop. I use to use Windows 8.1 before, but now due to some software I need to start using for work, I require windows 10. Now I do work with sound as well, so having good sound quality is very important to me, but downgrading back to Windows 8.1 is out of the question at this point.

So my problem is, After upgrading to Windows 10, my sound quality became really poor. I got the latest audio driver for Windows 10 available on the manufacturer's website, yet the problem persisted. Tried upgrading driver through device manager, no luck.

Went through audio manufacturer website, and downloaded some latest drivers, still did not work. This is really strange, as this laptop came with Windows 10, but I was the one that removed Windows 10 at the time and replaced it with Windows 8.1 as I had a key. Yet the laptop has better drivers for Windows 8 than Windows 10.

Oh yes, I also tried using the Windows 8.1 drivers, the problem still didn't go away. It did make the sound a bit better, but nothing really much.

Can anyone help me?

Sahil Gupta 03:04 23 Jan 2017

Hey guys, so I have the Asus ROG GL552JX laptop. I use to use Windows 8.1 before, but now due to some software I need to start using for work, I require windows 10. Now I do work with sound as well, so having good sound quality is very important to me, but downgrading back to Windows 8.1 is out of the question at this point.

So my problem is, After upgrading to Windows 10, my sound quality became really poor. I got the latest audio driver for Windows 10 available on the manufacturer's website, yet the problem persisted. Tried upgrading driver through device manager, no luck.

Went through audio manufacturer website, and downloaded some latest drivers, still did not work. This is really strange, as this laptop came with Windows 10, but I was the one that removed Windows 10 at the time and replaced it with Windows 8.1 as I had a key. Yet the laptop has better drivers for Windows 8 than Windows 10.

Oh yes, I also tried using the Windows 8.1 drivers, the problem still didn't go away. It did make the sound a bit better, but nothing really much.

Can anyone help me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

New Nvidia graphics cards offer 'industry-changing' real-time raytracing on your computer for the…

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Les meilleurs téléphones portables basiques (2018)