How do I fill in a scanned form?

  ingar 17:12 29 Nov 2004

What software is required to enable me to type in the required information on a form I have scanned and opened on the screen?

  Diodorus Siculus 17:16 29 Nov 2004

Generally speaking you will need some form of OCR software; sometimes it comes with the scanner or on cover disks.

  Diodorus Siculus 17:17 29 Nov 2004

By the way, what did you use to scan it? I mean, what program?

  ingar 17:21 29 Nov 2004

Presto Page Manager version 2.50.01

  Diodorus Siculus 17:24 29 Nov 2004

I don't knwo that program, but googling it suggests that the document should be editable.

  Diodorus Siculus 17:25 29 Nov 2004

Did you use the "forms" option when scanning? That seems to be the way to do what you want.

  ingar 17:29 29 Nov 2004

My OCR has never been very successful with the page layout being upset.

Perhaps I need new OCR software but I'd like to know it is definately possible to maintain the layout of the original form.

  ingar 17:32 29 Nov 2004

Never seen a "forms" option.
New software required, I think!

  Stuartli 17:34 29 Nov 2004

ABBEYYReader 5.0 was on a PC Advisor cover disk three or four months ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts