How do I delete these 18614 files?

qwbos 16:30 18 Oct 2018

I want to delete 18614 files, defaulterrorstack-000000-000000 to defaulterrorstack-018613-000000 They're in C:\Windows\System32

Any suggestions how?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:05 18 Oct 2018

Hightlight them all right click and select delete

if they won't delete then They are probably classed as system files thus preventing deletion.

csqwared 17:13 18 Oct 2018

or look here:-

defaulterrorstack

qwbos 17:38 18 Oct 2018

Highlighting's a long process, much like deleting them individually. It's unlikely they're classed as system files as they're four months worth of error reports on an issue that I resolved a while back.

I've already tried Disk Cleanup but it didn't touch them.

I'm beginning to think the easiest way may be to revert to good old DOS and delete them that way.

wiganken2 18:53 18 Oct 2018

You say "I've already tried Disk Cleanup but it didn't touch them." Maybe you only ran the first stage of Disk Cleanup. You need to run stage two. To do this click on "Clean up system files" when stage one has finished and it will run a second time.

qwbos 19:40 18 Oct 2018

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Penny dropped! I'd forgotten about block highlighting. All gone.

wiganken2

I tried all options in Disk Cleanup earlier today.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL