How do I burn a data CD using XP?

pcbobby 10:08 22 Sep 2005

I am trying to help my neighbour with her new laptop (O.S. XP Home)
She wants to copy photos to CD.R disc. She is new to PC’s, and I have only ever-used 98SE, with Nero software.
The laptop has an embedded burner WMP? Or similar.
In our attempts so far, we are encountering. ‘Problem copying’.

My search on the www. Says that you can use copy & paste, or the Send to:
But many of the steps on how to do it - are missing.

I would be obliged, if a member, could list a literal step-by-step (ediots) guide on how to burn a CD using XP Home facility.

PS. FOR INFO, I OPENED A THREAD YESTERDAY, ABOUT THE POSSIBILTY OF INSTALLING NERO SOFTWARE ON HER LAPTOP FOR SIMLICITY. MEMBERS SATISFACTORILY HELPED. BUT THE LADY WOULD LIKE TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM USING THE ‘XP’ EMBEDDED FACILITY.

johnnyrocker 10:14 22 Sep 2005

how about edit/select all then edit/copy followed by edit paste?

johnny.

Stuartli 10:21 22 Sep 2005

Every Microsoft program or application has an extensive and comprehensive Help section.

The information you require in this case is already readily available from Windows Media Player's Help section under, for instance, either CD or Burning.

MAJ 10:29 22 Sep 2005

Put all the photos in a folder, open that folder and select all the pictures to be burnt to CD. Under "Picture Tasks" on the left-hand side, select the option to "Copy to CD". Close the folder and go to "My Computer", right-click on the rewriter's icon and choose the "Write these files to CD" option from the context menu. A Wizard will start and guide you through the rest of the procedure.

Granger 10:32 22 Sep 2005

Good idea to use Windows for this as it's so simple. Open Windows Explorer (Start > All Programs > Accessories). Use this to select and copy the photos. Stick a CD-R in. A writable CD window should open, if not, use Windows Explorer and click on the CD drive. Either way, paste the files there, then choose "Write these files to CD". Any problems, come back.

SANTOS7 10:33 22 Sep 2005

click here
click here
click here
just about covers it ...

pcbobby 10:34 22 Sep 2005

Thank you johnny, I have noted that.

Stuartli. thank you,I printed a copy from the XP 'Help'.
But could follow it.
Did not think to use Mp help file.

pcbobby 10:43 22 Sep 2005

Thank you MAJ, SANTOS7, Granger. I have saved all info to digest.

pcbobby 10:55 22 Sep 2005

Thank to one and all.
If I cannot 'cracked it',with all this help!
Then I ned to go back to school!

Confused! 22:44 14 Jul 2006

Please help! I can copy photos in to My Photos folder. I can select them and rename. I can order them by date taken but why why why when I copy them on to a CD does the order change and appearsto be random. I am not sue how I do it - just go in to My photos and choose copy to CD on from the left hand apne.

Thanks

SANTOS7 22:48 14 Jul 2006

Confused not sure how you got here but you have joined a thread that was resolved (green tick) 22-09-05 you will need to start a new thread with a relavent title to your problem..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)