how to delete unwanted file???

Jaro 13:32 28 Sep 2005

hi, how can i delete file from my PC if everytime i try i get message that this program can not be deleted cos its being used by other program or person?? i tried to delete it in safe mode as well but no avail. any suggestion?

PS: this file ment to be Driver Cleaner Pro. but it didnt work when i wanted to execute it. so i had to download this program from another website. i dont thing that the file i have downloaded is virus or spyware.

MAJ 13:49 28 Sep 2005

I'm not sure if you want to delete a file or a program, Jaro. Eitherway boot to Safe Mode and delete from there, Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs if it's a program, or, from the folder it's in, if it's a file.

MAJ 13:50 28 Sep 2005

If those options don't work and you're using Windows XP or ME, try doing a System Restore to a date before you originally installed the program.

Jaro 13:58 28 Sep 2005

i havent actually install that program. and i have tried safe mode it didnt work. i was wandering wheather i could avoid system restore.

MAJ 14:05 28 Sep 2005

If you haven't installed the program, Jaro, what exactly are you trying to delete/uninstall?

dukeboxhero 15:32 28 Sep 2005

if its a file then you could try to rename it then delete

VoG II 17:16 28 Sep 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?