How to create an e mail alias in Outlook 2016

john bunyan 16:02 03 Mar 2018
Answered

On my desktop I use Outlook 2016 as a platform for a couple of POP3 e mail accounts with Talk Talk (TT), and one each IMAC Outlook.com for my wife and myself . These two also come to our iPhones. I believe one can have an alias or two ? I am gradually moving my extensive contacts away from TT to Outlook in preparation for a change in ISP. I have found, when ordering goods, that sometimes you get annoying follow ups. What I would like to do is - for my main Outlook.com name to have an alias that I would give to on line sales etc, keeping my true name for family and friends. Ideally this alias would show in the header but come in via my normal one, as I prefer not to create more main e mail accounts.If possible could someone talk me through this?

john bunyan 11:03 04 Mar 2018

In the absence of replies I will try to work through Dr Google...

john bunyan 14:31 05 Mar 2018
Answer

One would have hoped for advice from this, a "PC" forum. However I will green tick and follow up on Google.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?