How to copy and paste in Paint to post in forums?

CurlyWhirly 20:55 04 Jun 2005

Something has been bugging me and that is sometimes I only wish to send a small section of a website page on to a forum and I managed it once after a lot of trial and error but have since forgotten how I did it!

Is there an idiot proof way of doing this?
It is difficult to explain exactly HOW to do this in the PCA helproom I know but if anyone knows of a few links or websites that would help me I would be very grateful.
Cheers.

Technotiger 21:12 04 Jun 2005

Hi, was it this one?

click here

Cheers.

CurlyWhirly 21:19 04 Jun 2005

Hi. Yes it was that website and I know how to use it to send WHOLE pictures or websites but how to send a partial section eludes me hence my query!

powerless 21:19 04 Jun 2005

click here

Upload your saved image to click here

and provide a link that imageshack will give you...so people can click it and see.

[Sorry about the plug]

CurlyWhirly 21:29 04 Jun 2005

Cheers Powerless.
That's exactly what I was after!

The only thing is that it is going to take a bit of time to take it all in as your video goes a bit too quickly for the likes of myself but I will write the stages down until I know how to do it backwards.
Thanks very much for going to so much trouble. ;0)

CurlyWhirly 23:40 04 Jun 2005

Update:

After practicing I think I now have it sussed WITHOUT having to refer to my notes.
Thanks again.

powerless 01:04 05 Jun 2005
  wee eddie 08:27 05 Jun 2005

Powerless, you're a Star.

CurlyWhirly 10:42 05 Jun 2005

Powerless, you're a Star.

He certainly is IMHO as not knowing how to do the above was driving me mad until I saw his video which was much easier to follow than reading some text trying to explain it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)