How to Connect Samsung to the Internet

ponytail 09:31 06 Mar 2018

My wife has Samsung N130 and I want to connect it to the network but it does not have the right connections on it to fit the normal USB lead ie a LAN Port I think that is what it is called.Can I use a USB to USB lead

alanrwood 13:03 06 Mar 2018

No. You need either an LAN socket, RJ-45 (Ethernet) or installed WiFi. The Lan socket is not a USB socket, they are entirely different things.

According to the specs of the N130 it has an RJ-45 LAN port built in. nIt is the squarich socket on one side with a small additional square cut out at the top edge

click here

alanrwood 13:10 06 Mar 2018

Just should add that it may be possible to use a USB socket but you would need an adaptor.

click here actually sure if this would do what you want as this seems to need a USB connection as the source and if I understand you correctly you want the Ethernet to be the source. You would need to ask the question of any potential supplier.

Not

lotvic 17:58 06 Mar 2018

Why not connect via WiFi?

ponytail 17:57 07 Mar 2018

Hi Lotvic I just clicked on the WI-FI icon and selected my network and all up and running now.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus