Hot Topics

How can talktalk just go down?

Graham* 23:14 21 Oct 2015

I find it hard to believe they can't fix this in seconds.

john bunyan 09:47 24 Oct 2015

The TT e mail came this morning. I use Office Outlook . Not sure who caused it but the TT's own e mail appeared in the Junk folder!! Says it all , really. Still can't see how anyone could raid my bank account, neither can my bank. We need a specific list of things to do.

spuds 10:08 24 Oct 2015

"Still can't see how anyone could raid my bank account, neither can my bank. We need a specific list of things to do."

Like I suggested earlier, if you didn't see part one of "Secrets of the Scammers" on Channel 5 last Wednesday, then I would suggest that you do, because it contained some very interesting but shocking things, that some very clever people can do, especially where computer hacking was concerned.

john bunyan 10:20 24 Oct 2015

I do not use internet banking so I hope the bank account is safe, at least.

spuds 10:27 24 Oct 2015

Some latest news from the BBC click here

spuds 19:27 24 Oct 2015

Apparently the attack is not as serious as first thought, according to this TalkTalk latest update click here

bumpkin 19:52 24 Oct 2015

If you are concerned as I was and could not get to the Talktalk site to change my password anyway then phone your bank, I use Santander. I was able to speak to a human who could also speak English (A major achievement in itself) He was very honest in saying that they don't know what the outcome will be but assured me that any fraudulent transactions made on my or any other account holder would be refunded by them.

woodchip 20:54 24 Oct 2015

I have had Phone calls from so called TT, and they do have a lot of info at there finger tips, but I put the phone down on both these call's, one about a week ago the other yesterday. I asked what he wanted but just kept jabbering on, also about caravan insurance, I have no idea where he got that one as I let it run out till next year as I do not need it in winter as van is in a locked yard behind Electric Steel Gates. Needles to say I put the phone down.I keep checking online account of my bank. no probs as yet

bumpkin 23:16 24 Oct 2015

woodchip, Talktalk won't phone you unless you have phoned them first and asked them to. As for them talking about caravan insurance then it is clearly not genuine. As I said earlier your bank in your first port of call as you can never contact Talktalk.

Govan1x 07:44 25 Oct 2015

On the news this morning that users are getting scam Phone calls supposed to be from Talk talk telling them they want to pay them compensation because of the problems that they have encountered into their bank accounts.Of course they need their bank details from them so that they can pay it in.

Most folk will automatically know that it is a scam but some are falling for it so if you know an elderly person or anyone that uses talk talk warn them of the danger.

Ventad 08:02 25 Oct 2015

How can this this cut from an email from talktalk today add up:-

"No Banking details were taken that you won't already been sharing with people when you write a cheque or give to someone to pay money into your account"

Hence the lady who lost £9000 by giving talktalk scammers her bank details. Or am I reading that part of the statement wrong!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)