How can I get my computer back??

Housten 15:03 19 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen, I am having an appalling problem, which has been self-inflicted. I have an Acer Aspire ONE 722 Notebook running windows 7 Ultimate. I felt that the battery was getting near the end of its time so I bought another. The instructions were that when it was fitted to run it down to 2% and then charge it. So I fitted the battery, left it switched on, it was at 56%, and then I was working on my desktop. I looked at it a couple of times - down to 41% - whilst I had a problem with my iTunes programme. So I forgot about the Notebook and when I looked at it the screen was black and all lights were off. I thought it had run down completely, but I was wrong because whatever I have tried - not much - has not done anything apart from the power light occasionally flicking. I have looked on the web but every article on there assumes that one can start the computer. My problem is that I can not start my computer and I would really appreciate it if someone knows what buttons - or whatever - need to be pressed to correct my ludicrous mistake!! Any and all replies will be very warmly welcomed, thank you in anticipation.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 19 Apr 2018

Plug in and charge up.

if screen on comming on then its probably stuck in hibernate mode.

Power off completely by removing mains and battery

press and hold power button for 30 seconds refi mains and see if it will start.

if not then power off again and when poering on keep tapping F8 to see if it will boot to a repair menu.

Housten 17:04 19 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen, I do not think that it is dis-charged!! Whenever I press the power button the blue power light flashes on. On my desktop I have an hour of non-activity before the screen goes black. Then I press a key and it comes back on, but this did NOT happen with my notebook, which makes me think that I have done something stupid.

Many thanks for your replies.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

A new magazine aims to educate kids about food with some very edgy artwork

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

TV & streaming : comment regarder l’US Open de tennis ?