how am I going to save my file to external USB dri

laptopdunce 20:47 22 Jun 2017

drive? the usb ports are not working on my windows 8.1 laptop, tried everything, but I cant even transfer a batch of files anywhere, really pi77ed off with this, I feel like buying a complete new laptop just to be able to use a proper keyboard and mouse but I cant get all my files off the current one, what a mess!! why does this only happen to me?? where is fruitbat?? he knows how to fix everything I need him here!! thanks laptopdunce

wee eddie 20:56 22 Jun 2017

It should be possible to remove the Hard Drive and put it into a suitable Enclosure, available on eBay for about a tenner, and turn it into an External Hard Drive.

But first, let's let the cognoscenti attempt to get your USB Ports working again.

laptopdunce 21:16 22 Jun 2017

oHs restor without losing any files but of course it hasnt made the USB ports work!! and I have to get rid off all the original crap!! and reinstall my own stuff, I jsut hope someone like Fruitbat cna figure out what has happened, I looked on youtube but all the things there are all device manager oriented and bios which i dont want to mess with, need the experts here to get a grip on this!! it must be fixable its only 2 years old this laptop it jsut stopped when playing a youtube video and when it restarted I lost all use of the USB ports. thanks laptopdunce

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)