@hotmail.co.uk Email Client Problems. Assistance?

Legslip 17:41 21 Nov 2016

Anyone else noticed this? my [email protected] address has stopped working on my phone and on my PC. It looks as though @hotmail.co.uk has stopped functioning on all email client programmes and the only access is via webmail. Anyone else come across this?

QuizMan 18:07 21 Nov 2016

I did get an e-mail from Microsoft following a recent update to say that, after changes to Outlook.com (previously Hotmail) I had to "reconnect" my Outlook 2016 (part of Office 365). There were some instructions about how to do that, but sadly I have deleted them now. Sorry, probably not much help, but you might find something on their website.

hastelloy 18:11 21 Nov 2016

Apparently it is Microsoft making changes though I haven't had any notification from them.

lotvic 19:50 21 Nov 2016

Just tested mine from and to various different addys and it's working okish, using Thunderbird on W10. However got one test email returned undelivered with message about hotmail.co.uk "Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list"

hastelloy 07:36 22 Nov 2016

The problem seems to have been resolved now.

Secret-Squirrel 08:27 22 Nov 2016

It looks as though @hotmail.co.uk has stopped functioning on all email client programmes....................

That is happening as Microsoft gradually migrates users over to their new email system. If you're still connecting using the old DeltaSync protocol then it'll stop working at some point.

There are a couple of fixes for that but I first need to know your how you're currently connecting in your computer email client so go into the Hotmail server settings and let me know what server address you've got there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?