Hotmail - what's up?

[email protected] 13:24 12 Apr 2010

Is it me or is Hotmail a bag of nails just lately?
Forever being asked to sign in despite completing all the remember me stuff/log in automatically etc.
Ages for messages to load/open attachments and generally work with email - always click then wait wait wait - click then wait a bit more.
Firefox/Win7 and nothing changed - just Hotmail going slower and slower and slower.
If fact, it's so slow I can't be bothered to wait most of the time - happy to move on to other things and check again later.
Fortunately it's not, and will never be, my primary email manager ;-)

Fingees 13:44 12 Apr 2010

I use w7

Although I use Firefox normally for my BT mail, I always use Windows live mail for my hotmail account.

Never had a problem.

[email protected] 14:00 12 Apr 2010

Hmmm. I just launched Messenger and saw I had 1 email.
Clicked on the envelope and got the Please Log in stuff all over again....arrrggghhhh.
I don't understand why I am active in Messenger but have to sign in to read my email - it was never like this before!
Saw the email was a reply from PC Advisor (yours) and clicked it.
The mail "apparently" opened (message details now pale blue with an open envelope) but nothing more. I counted to 30 slowly, still nothing.
Clicked the email again and it opened for me to read.
Clicked the link - wait wait wait and eventually connected to PC Advisor.
I am so bored with it I think the best thing to do is un-install it all then re-install it.

[email protected] 14:13 12 Apr 2010

Thanks for the reply Fingees :-)

Sea Urchin 14:33 12 Apr 2010

Do you get the same problem when you log in direct to the Hotmail site? If not then it looks like it is a problem with Messenger. As you say a reinstall seems the best option.

Femme 14:38 12 Apr 2010

Im having lots of issues with it also

FRANKMAC 16:25 12 Apr 2010

I had similar probs some time back, a good place to start would be to simply change your password in your hotmail account. Worth a try.
Mac

VoG II 17:06 12 Apr 2010

I think there might be a problem with the Hotmail servers. I just had a message from Mailwasher not being able to access my Hotmail account. I had to re-enter username and password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?