Hotmail versus NTLworld

GG2 20:45 04 Feb 2006

Anyone know of any 'relationship' problems between Hotmail and NTL?
I have recently had my Hotmail account.....'Access Denied/Account closed'
After numerous emails to them I finally got a response that said they had had three complaints of receiving mail not wanted!!
My only problem of recent was trying to sent a 'Thesis' attachment with an email to my son which constantly came back saying unable to sent. After about six goes I sent the document without any trouble via NTL email.
As I'm not very keen on the NTL email outlay I was thinking of opening a paid Hotmail account hoping that the denied access wouldn't happen again.
Interestingly Hotmail did give me access again and I decided to transfer all my 'saved' emails, etc. to my NTL account, but guess what - tonight I looked into the Hotmail account and ALL those emails have been returned to the Hotmail account saying they were unable to deliver just like when I was trying to send that document to my son.
I would be really interested on any views and advise anyone might have.
Thank you.

octal 22:26 04 Feb 2006

There seems to be a major problem between NTL and Hotmail, NTL are blaming Hotmail and Hotmail are blaming NTL which is really annoying because a lot of my contacts use Hotmail and I can't receive any Hotmail email on NTL.
I suggest ditching Hotmail and use another host, I've been using Lycos for years and never had a problem with them click here

canard 22:39 04 Feb 2006

Operamail gets through to ntlworld every time. NTL claim they ban hotmail because of the volume of spam [and there is a lot of it]. But NTL have a running problem with email volume and their capacity to cope with it. So banning hotmail is a VERY handy expense saving move. So many people use hotmail and everyone finds it maddening. I read that NTL has 3 email servers and that although 2 permanently bar hotmail the third lets it through which might explain the odd hotmail that makes it to outlook express.

GG2 22:41 04 Feb 2006

Many thanks Octal for your helpful response. I will definitely look at Lycos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?