Hotmail v NTL

norming 21:18 01 Feb 2006

I work on Hotmail. Two of my contacts use NTL. I normally have 8 'postmaster' notifications in my in-box - all NTL delays or failures. I have no trouble receiving mail from them. Is there anything they or I can do to deal with this problem?
Norming

billyliv 00:25 02 Feb 2006

I assume that what you are saying is, You cant send mail to the NTL contacts. Cheers, Bill

beynac 06:45 02 Feb 2006

NTL are bouncing mail from some (or all) of Hotmail servers. This ( click here ) explains the situation.

Wak 09:55 02 Feb 2006

I am with NTL and over 12 months ago opened a Hotmail account for myself.
I quickly found that I couldn't send myself e-mails either way and so cancelled the Hotmail Acc. Shame they can't sort this thing out between them.

billyliv 10:35 03 Feb 2006

Hi norming, I have e.mail addresses with Hotmail. Ntlworld and an address with my Domain. My Domain mail is hosted by Freeola and is forwarded to NTL from Freeola. If I mail myself from Hotmail to my NTL account it is not received. If I mail myself from Hotmail to my Domain. I receive it in my NTL account. I didn't get your mail from hotmail but I got your mail this morning which I assume was sent from the PC advisor server. Cheers, Bill

andy625 12:41 03 Feb 2006

I would ditch them both and switch to gmail. I can send you an invite if you let me know your email address.

andy625 11:37 07 Feb 2006

did you get the invite?

Sethhaniel 13:21 07 Feb 2006

had this trouble for months now

How can it be World Wide Web when petty squabbles are going on between the big names ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)