Hotmail Problems

cga 19:06 15 Aug 2004

Is it just me or are there Hotmail problems today.

I had grat difficulty looging on - when I finally did all my mail had disappeared - by the time I had filled out a bug report it had kicked me off again.

Hope somebody tells me this is a general problem :-(

Sheriff Rossco P Coltraine 19:28 15 Aug 2004

just checked my own hotmail acct' and all seems ok (and worked ok this morning). Sorry but doesnt look good ;-(

Hope it turns out ok.

cga 19:40 15 Aug 2004

Still cant get in myself.

I dont suppose there is a phone number to speak to a real person about this is there?

cga 20:17 15 Aug 2004

As this appears to be aproblem with just my account I am not sure how to follow this up.

I can sort of get in - when I get the failure message I can click on help and get to see my Passport details so it has got me part logged in. Unfortunately there is no contact info or way of reporting a problem.

Has anyone any ideas how to proceed ???

Thanks in advance

VoG II 20:32 15 Aug 2004

I don't know how to contact Hotmail about problems, sorry.

I use Outlook Express to read Hotmail and never get those page cannot be found errors anymore. It is very easy to set up. In OE Tools/Accounts, Mail tab, Add button and follow the wizard. See if you can access your account this way maybe.

cga 20:50 15 Aug 2004

Thanks - I normally use MS Outlook but, when it told me this morning that it could get Hotmail online, I tried it manually.

I did get in again a few minutes ago and found, by clicking varius combinations of help, I coud send a help request. Still No mail.

Interesting though, MSN messenger is telling me I have 1 email but when I click on it I get the dreaded MSN Hotmail Internal Error screen.

Lets just hope they have had an upgrade problem and they are in the middle of restores!!

cga 12:15 16 Aug 2004

I tried this morning and everythjing is back to normal with all emails restored.

I guess it was really an internal problem that only asffected some customers (and I was unlucky).

Thanks for the help and advice anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?