Hotmail and OE

sjl17 20:58 18 Nov 2004

Has anyone else had access to their hotmail from Outlook Express account stopped? I wasn't aware this was happening - I can't download my mail anymore! Anyone know anything about this?
Cheers!

VoG II 21:04 18 Nov 2004
  Tim1964 21:26 18 Nov 2004

Just checked for mail in my Hotmail account via OE. No problem here ????

sjl17 09:19 19 Nov 2004

I've managed to get a new gmail account thanks to the article in PC Advisor. Bye, bye Hotmail!!

powerless 09:30 19 Nov 2004

Oh yeah I got a new hotmail addie last night and tried it with Outlook. It wasn't having it and I knew the knock out was coming but not that soon.

On the + gmail now allows POP access with an auto configure if you like for many mail clients.

So...

Wak 09:42 19 Nov 2004

Just in case anyone else is having problems with hotmail??
I got a hotmail account about a week ago which seemed OK and then found that I couldn't send any e-mails to anyone.
I could receive them but not send them which was very frustrating.
After two days I found that my Outlook Express settings had been changed in some way by somebody so if you have similar problems check the following.
Outlook Express/ Tools/ Properties/ Servers.
At the bottom of the page put a tick in "My Server requires authentication" then click the Settings button and put a tick in "Use same settings as incoming mail".
This cleared my problem.

I would also add that the latest FREE version of Mailwasher does not support hotmail either which could be causing problems in some way for some people.

ACOLYTE 09:51 19 Nov 2004

Can some one tell me how to get my hotmail contacts list in to OE6,before when i opened OE the contacts were listed but now they arenot,i think it may be because of the new rule about free hotmail,but i cant find a way to import my msn contacts to OE anymore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Procreate's iPhone app offers new brushes, a larger canvas and better support for the iPhone 8/X

Best multi-room speakers for iPhone & Mac owners

Streaming : comment regarder le lancement de Xiaomi en France ?