Hotmail doesnt save sent items

jon55uk 11:48 28 Oct 2003

I have an email account with hotmail but the sent items folder is always empty. I know that items are being sent but would like to save sent messages. Can anyone help?

AL D. 11:53 28 Oct 2003

sent messages are deleted after 30 days,create a new folder and store your messages there and see if that saves then,

brambles 12:00 28 Oct 2003

I haven't operated Hotmail for a long time but it is similar to other web based types.

When you have typed your email you must put a tick in a little box to save a copy in your SENT folder.

If you have Outlook Express you can download all your mail to your own computer.

Brambles

brambles 12:00 28 Oct 2003

I haven't operated Hotmail for a long time but it is similar to other web based types.

When you have typed your email you must put a tick in a little box to save a copy in your SENT folder.

If you have Outlook Express you can download all your mail to your own computer.

Brambles

jon55uk 12:02 28 Oct 2003

Thanks people but the problem is not with the 30 days. It doesnt save them at all. I can send a number of mails and none are in sent items.

As for the save draft option Im sure it used to save messages in the sent folder anyway.

webber_man 12:22 28 Oct 2003

Before sending the email check the 'Copy Message to Sent Folder' box - your message should then appear in your 'Sent' folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts