Horizontal Slide Bar

RussWoo 17:23 16 Apr 2008

Hello,

The pages on a site I often visit is too wide to view but there is no horizontal slide bar at the bottom to let me slide over to the right so I can see it all, as I would on other sites.

The site owners suggest I disable my favourites column on the left hand side to view the page in full. This works but is a bit of a faff, re-instating it again.

Shouldn't the site owners provide this facility when creating it? If so, what should I ask them to do?

Regards and thanks,

Bixbox

tullie 17:35 16 Apr 2008

Can you provide a link to site please?

RussWoo 17:43 16 Apr 2008

Thanks, tulie.

The site is click here

bixbox

Sea Urchin 17:57 16 Apr 2008

OK here - but using IE7 the favourites overlay the page and don't encroach on the width unless you "pin the favorites center".

MAT ALAN 18:05 16 Apr 2008

No issues here, page displays as it's supposed to...

XP Home SP3 Firefox...

DieSse 18:20 16 Apr 2008

It's a flaw in the way they've constructed the site. I just compared one of my sites with theirs, and my site automatically gets a sideways scroll bar - theirs doesn't.

Whether they wish to modify their site is, of course, entirely down to them.

I would have thought they would want to correct such a basic flaw, which shows up in other circumstances too (like putting their page into a window narrower than the page width - it might even show up on monitors with lower resolutions (though I can't quickly check that) - which would be very poor).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?