Hooray - Broadband is coming!

[DELETED] 16:24 11 Sep 2003

I have just had a phonecall from BT today informing me that our local exchange is being updated in November.

Can anyone tell me who is the best 'Broadband' provider (value for money & speed of access etc) please? BT are trying to flog me their 512K service for £50 (inc. VAT) for the USB router & £28 per month access (first month free)! I'm looking for a faster service with good reliability. Also, what gives better 'ping' rates, an external USB router or an internal PCI router?

Please help!!!! Before it's too late ;o)

[DELETED] 16:51 11 Sep 2003

NTL....good luck !

[DELETED] 17:19 11 Sep 2003

External, I think! Have a look at this site and do the compare test left of page. ZEN comes out very well in all aspects. I believe their install time is 5 days from order to installation j. click here and for ZEN home page, click here

[DELETED] 19:00 11 Sep 2003

I went for Nildram and they have been consistently outstanding in every respect.

[DELETED] 19:19 11 Sep 2003

I suggest Pipex. Been with them now for 18 months, and well satisfied.

click here

Cheaper than BT too!.

[DELETED] 19:47 11 Sep 2003

I was looking at PIPEX - they have just brought out a 1Mb connection for £24 ish per month.... seems really good!!??

Plus the connection kit is really cheap too (in comparison to others!)

However, a mate of mine is on NILDRAM & he's really happy with that!

What to do... What to do?

powerless 19:49 11 Sep 2003

Yipeee.

powerless 19:49 11 Sep 2003

Yipeee.

[DELETED] 20:03 11 Sep 2003

Pipex is quite good and they connect you for about £18.00 with free modem and splitters (2).
I have had no problem with this service.

[DELETED] 09:30 12 Sep 2003

Their £23.50/month is for the 512Mb service. The 1Mb service is about £29/month.

For £17.57 (including: VAT), you get everything you need; modem, 2 filters and line activation. I think that`s a bargain. As I said earlier, I am perfectly happy with Pipex.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

PostPanic's latest short film is a thrilling love letter to film and TV history

Best external graphics cards (eGPUs) for Mac

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet (2018)