Hook over Earphone

Audeal 16:44 18 Sep 2006

I am looking for an earphone which I can hook over my ear, just like the ones you see being used at the United Nations where you see a person sitting at the big round table and hooking the earphone over the ear to listen to the translation taking place.

I wear a hearing aid and thought this might be just what I need to hook it over my aid and listen to my music while working on my computer.

Does anybody know what they are called, who makes them and where I can get one from.

Thanks for any help. Audeal.

ArrGee 16:52 18 Sep 2006

Sony MDRJ20W.CE7 for £15
click here

ArrGee 16:54 18 Sep 2006

Click on 'portable audio' on the left, then headphones. These should appear on page 3

ArrGee 16:55 18 Sep 2006

Also these on page 2:
MDRJ20S.CE7

woodchip 17:05 18 Sep 2006

I got one from £1 pound shop includes a Microphone. best I ever had

Audeal 17:06 18 Sep 2006

ArrGee. Thanks for your responce but that is not the type I am looking for.

The ones I want is like an earphone set into a cup, (possible Plastic or Rubber) and can be "Hung over the ear". and just hangs there.

The idea that I want is to compleatly cover my hearing aid inside this cup so I can catch all the sound directly on my aid. but I do not know what they are called.

Can anybody help me track one down.

woodchip 17:10 18 Sep 2006

Mine does not cover Hearing aid, I have one and it would be no good to me, my hearing aid would do nothing but whistle

ArrGee 17:17 18 Sep 2006

Loads of those here
click here

ArrGee 17:18 18 Sep 2006

The term you are looking for is 'clip headphones'

Bagsey 17:48 18 Sep 2006

Have a look at the inductive loop system on this site. My friend has one and says it is very good.
click here
I go along with woodchip, a complete cover up of the hearing aid by a cupped headphone would drive me crazy with the howls and squeals of feedback

wjrt 17:53 18 Sep 2006

click here

this type of thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?