Home Wireless Novice

  littlestar 20:40 30 Jul 2006

Hi, Can anybody please help me? Basically we have 2 pc's in 2 different rooms, at the moment we have BT Internet providing my brothers PC via a modem, So What exactly do we need so both PC's can access the net ? Sorry but we are both complete novice's.

Thanks For Your Help

  ade.h 20:53 30 Jul 2006

click here

An ADSL modem/router, such as click here

  littlestar 21:24 30 Jul 2006

ade.h, Thanks for your quick reply, I presume when i buy this item i will get a PC Card ( usb connection ) for computer 1 but what about computer 2 will i have to buy a seperate PC Card ? And does it have to be made by the same company for compatability.

Many Thanks

  ade.h 22:05 30 Jul 2006

That is just a router, though it is possible to find a limited range of "router + adapter" kits, depending on what type of adapter you need. It is up to you to choose what adapters you may need. Please have a read of my website (link above) and note my advice about the different kinds of adapter. Where possible, I strongly recommend that at least one desktop is wired by Ethernet.

  fallen141 11:31 31 Jul 2006

can anyone help me connect my compaq pc to my sony vaio k100 laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique