Home page problem

Andsome 12:21 23 Jun 2006

I have just formatted and reinstalled Windows XP Home. Everything has proceeded perfectly except for one little snag. On this occasion I cannot set Google UK as my home page. It always reverts to MSN. I have typed in click here time after time and clicked apply. As soon as I leave that window and then return to it, the home page has reverted to MSN. I have reinstalled Windows on several previous occasions and have NEVER had this problem before.

Andsome 12:52 23 Jun 2006

I have actually tried setting click here, and also click here. The page always reverts to MS as soon as I open another page in Internet options.

Andsome 13:15 23 Jun 2006

All 48 updates downloaded and installed. A Squared run, SUPERAntispware run, Ewido run, Nod 32 AV run, all to no avail. The following is in the home page window in Internet options.

click here

Andsome 15:25 23 Jun 2006

Many thanks all but none of the above work. The URL box is not greyed out. The link to the unwanted home page shown above is not greyed out. It is blue and I can type Google into it, but it reverts as soon as I close that window, no matter what else I do.

Belatucadrus 15:41 23 Jun 2006

Assuming you've also reloaded SUPERAntiSpyware, have you got the Hi-Jack protection enabled, this could be resetting your changes.

Andsome 16:39 23 Jun 2006

I have tried setting Google with and without SUPERAntispyware set and unset. Nothing that I have tried seems to work. This has never occurred on previous reinstalls. I think I am more or less reigned to it now and will have to click on Google, I will try putting a shortcut in my start menu.

woodchip 18:07 23 Jun 2006

Open Google, Copy Address, Paste into IE Home page in IE settings. Settings can be found in IE tools Internet Options

Andsome 18:12 23 Jun 2006

woodchip
Fri, 23/06/[email protected]:07

Open Google, Copy Address, Paste into IE Home page in IE settings. Settings can be found in IE tools Internet Options

Already done that to no avail. For the time being I have created a desktop shortcut to Google and a double click on this bypasses MSN and takes me straight on line to Google. I am trying to find a way to pin this shortcut to the start menu.

woodchip 18:14 23 Jun 2006
  Andsome 19:09 23 Jun 2006

woodchip
Fri, 23/06/[email protected]:14

Try click here

A dozen or so files came from the search, several offered the option to install, but when I said yes, I was asked to find more files?? I think I will leave things as they are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf