Home office and student 2019

mrgrumpy 13:32 13 Nov 2019

In previous versions of word the "ribbon" that you put tabs of your own choice onto had a solid blue colour behind .

The latest version is transparent making it harder to read , is is possible to put a solid colour behind them to make them stand out more. I note that when the you ytpe a mispelt word the "offered" words are also hard to read.

Giggle n' Bits 18:26 17 Nov 2019

Change the Background and Color Schemes of the Office 2019 Applications In any Office application, go to the File tab and choose Account. The Account window opens. Choose an Office Background option. ... then Choose an Office Theme option. Hope this works for you

mrgrumpy 12:17 18 Nov 2019

Hi giggles I already tried that I just want to put a coloured background behind the ribbon to make the custom icons stand out more. The standard blue in previous versions of word was just right.

Maybe I am trying to do something that cant be done.

Gordon Freeman 13:17 18 Nov 2019

What theme have you got it set to currently? There are 4 options: colourful, dark grey, black, white in 2019 version.

Gordon Freeman 13:24 18 Nov 2019

Take a look

Themes

mrgrumpy 14:28 18 Nov 2019

Hi Gordon I wanted the pale blue background like I had in word 2007 but it is not in the program and Microsoft chat say it is not available as an add in.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Last Chance: Win an Honor Band 5

Acclaimed illustrator James Jean's comic book past gets celebrated in new book

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !