Home media streaming

iqs 18:59 27 Nov 2009

Hi,

I have been thinking about setting up a wireless media streamer,but have a few questions please.

Currently I have a Netgear wpn824 wireless router,will this stream media content or must I but a dedicated media streamer,or an add-on device which connects to the Netgear?.

The device which is watching the streamed media,like a laptop,can this use the standard wireless connection to receive the media,or must it use a dedicated media card or adapter.

Last question,if the living room TV is not connected to a PC,can I but a device which just connects to the TV to receive the media,or must it be a wireless enabled PC.

Thank you

iqs 21:15 27 Nov 2009

b.u.m.p

Woolwell 22:56 27 Nov 2009

Old article click here

I have a Pinnacle system to view photos on my TV that are on my PC and connected wirelessly. It is supposed to work for video but I reckon you need good connection and N standard for that.

Woolwell 23:14 27 Nov 2009

Should add it links to Windows Media Player. In theory it should be possible using my Nokia N85 connected to a TV and wirelessly linked to my PC.

woodchip 23:41 27 Nov 2009

You just use a Router and as above Win Media Player What is most important is that you have a good download speed to watch anything in video with sound

iqs 10:28 28 Nov 2009

Hi Woodwell and woodchip,thank you for the help and link,much appreciated.
Cheers

iqs 11:27 28 Nov 2009

Hi,

I already have simple file and printing sharing enabled,which works.
But when I try to share my media,the other device is not listed.

Both PC's are running XP Media and WMP 11.The firewall on both machines are configured to allow access,but like I said the other PC is not listed in the Media Sharing-Share my media to box.

Any ideas please.

iqs 19:14 29 Nov 2009

Been at it again trying to establish the connection,but still the same.Anything else I can try?.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?