Holding out for Predictable/Inevitable price drops

PhillyG76 06:49 30 Jun 2018

I’m sure this question has been asked loads more times but in relation to something more specific like a new chipset so meaning older ones will drop.But has anyone noticed any golden rules as to how to tell when an almost obvious price drop for a component is going to happen. As lately price drops seem less predictable. For example, on my other post, I’m planning on building a new PC and fairly sure the i8600k board and a good Asus Z370 board seem really good value. And when looking at say an i7700k CPU and a Z270 board. They don’t seem to be much cheaper. Is it because more times needed for the tech to be considered old? I’m hoping this will get a lot of opinions as generalising it will hopefully help a lot of people. Getting excited to see what comes up!

lotvic 17:03 30 Jun 2018

Your guess is as good as mine :)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)