Hoe to disable auto on/off on printer

ponytail 09:47 07 Apr 2018

I want to disable the auto on/off facility on my wifes HP Printer and need some advice.The following was found on the HP Website.

To change Auto-Off setting 1. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following to open the printer software: ● Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, click All Apps on the app bar, and then click the icon with the printer's name. ● Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All Programs, click HP, click HP Deskjet 2540 series, and then click HP Deskjet 2540 series. 2. In the printer software, select Print & scan, and then select Maintain Your Printer to access the printer toolbox. 3. In the printer toolbox, click Advanced Settings, and then follow the on-screen instructions. Once you change the setting, the printer maintains the setting that you choose I am doing it from my laptop which uses Windows 7 but cannot find printer software followed by print and scan.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:10 07 Apr 2018

It won't be if the software is not installed on your PC.

Youneed o do it from a PC on which the software is installed and that connects to the relavant printer

rdave13 11:36 07 Apr 2018

Find the printer's IP address and type into your browsers address bar. Mine is 192.168.1.248

You should then be able to get to this screen,

ponytail 09:27 09 Apr 2018

Thanks for the help rdave13 have done what was needed and all is fine now..Was not sure how to get the printers IP address so printed off a configuration page.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?