HJT log that isn't spyware related

CurlyWhirly 16:45 05 Jun 2005

I know that my PC is clean but while browsing through my log I noticed a couple of entries that I couldn't understand.
I noticed that 2 services have no owner.
How is that as I am the Administrator of my own PC?

O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe

Any ideas anyone?
Cheers.

VoG II 16:49 05 Jun 2005

mcshield.exe - McAfee anti-virus resident shield.

ati2sgag.exe
click here

I don't know why they are listed as No Owner.

VoG II 16:53 05 Jun 2005

My mcshield.exe is also labelled as - Unknown owner - I think that this refers to the software provider, not our PCs. Compare the other entries and see e.g.

O23 - Service: Iomega Activity Disk2 - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe

in that case, - Iomega Corporation -

CurlyWhirly 16:55 05 Jun 2005

Cheers VoG™ - I guessed that the entry you highlighted was something to do with my graphics card as I have a X800 which is manufactured by ATI.
It's no big deal really but I was just curious as to how it says 'No owner' as I would have thought that someone's name would be listed like the Administrator of the PC.

The only thing that I can come up with is that when these programs were installed I must have selected the option 'for all users on this computer' as opposed to 'Only for my use' as I am the sole user of my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?