High Disk Usage on Windows 10 PC

MikeALC 22:21 31 Jan 2016

I have windows 10 on a new PC with 0 hdd issues, but my PC starts up and the disk usage stays over 100% for a very long time. Opening software such as google chrome for the first time after a restart takes up to 100% disk usage and so does doing a simple search on my PC. I have disbaled superfetch, windows search, and background intelligent transfer service, but nothing has worked. Is this just Windows 10 OR is it my PC? I've seen a lot of people complain about this issue and have already returned one new HP Envy PC because of issues IT had with windows 10 and sleep issues. Now my Acer 605-UR1B seems to be having issues with this windows as well. Is this normal? If not, what is the normal disk usage for starting up chrome or searching? Here are my specs:

Intel HD Graphics 16gb DD3 Ram 2TB HDD Intel I7 4790

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Govan1x 22:47 31 Jan 2016

I have the pro Version of Malwarebytes and it does the same as yours disk 100%. I have had to stop it from running and updating and stopped it at start up. Sometimes windows updates does the same.

Not sure if it is just a W10 problem or just a computer problem.

Cant see any way of solving the problem so just have to put up with it.

MikeALC 23:46 31 Jan 2016

So is this normal? Do I just ignore it or will it kill my PC in a year or two?

[DELETED] 04:37 01 Feb 2016

Have a look at this, click here , might work for you.

MikeALC 04:46 01 Feb 2016

That seems to just be a link to my own post. :-P

[DELETED] 12:09 01 Feb 2016

Made a mess of that link. Will find again later. Look under Notifications under settings for something like Windows suggestions and turn off.

[DELETED] 14:48 01 Feb 2016

This is the link - click here .

bumpkin 16:24 01 Feb 2016

If it stays at 1005 permanently you may find Refresh is set to Paused.

bumpkin 16:25 01 Feb 2016

edit 1005should read 100%

MikeALC 21:55 01 Feb 2016

I did a clean windows install just to see if this would reduce the disk usage on startup, but I had no luck. Is this really just normal with Windows 10?? If so, this is a really broken Windows and should not have been released. My only positive to say about windows 10 is that it looks more crisp when connected to my HD TV than Windows 7 did. That's about it. Considering switching to Linux or something else other than Windows. I've had two PCs now with Windows 10. I returned one and I'm not doing that again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

Inside the psychology of what makes particular images popular

Apple Maps vs Google Maps

Amazon Prime : prix, avantages et offres gratuites