Hidden Files

sil_ver 23:21 21 Jul 2004

I've unticked all the appropriate boxes in the 'View' option but am still unable to access the 'System volume info' I get a message 'Access denied'when I d'click on it. Anybody know what I'm missing. I'm running W2Kpro but as the only user and I'm not on a network.

sil_ver 00:14 22 Jul 2004

where is this option?

sil_ver 10:58 22 Jul 2004

Temp003
Thanks for the info which worked for me, unfortunately it doesn't appear to be the system file I wanted to modify. The file I was looking for is the %systemroot%\inf file which according to MS is in the system folder. MS is a bit misleading as it says to look in Internet Explorer and click folder options. As far as I can see there is no folder option in IE. The knowledge base article is 259473 regarding audio CD error messages.

sil_ver 11:14 22 Jul 2004

temp003. Thanks for that, it's just what I was looking for. Doesn't give one a deal of confidence in MS's knowledge base. If you read the article I mentioned you will see what I mean. I just hope the rest of it is accurate. Once again, thanks. Sil_ver

sil_ver 23:05 22 Jul 2004

temp003
Problem solved using the MS knowledge base mentioned above. just needed to modify MS's wordage a bit. So thanks once again to you for your help..........sil-ver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9