Help.......another Application Error

bloodnock 12:53 19 May 2006

Every time i sign out from the net i get an application error notice on
screen. It Reads "ybrowser.exe-Application Error" and under that
heading.......The instruction at "0x07548a63" referenced memory at
"0x07548a63" . The memory could not be" read". Click ok to terminate the
program I use windows XP with SP2 and IE7 with BTYahoo as a Browser. Could some one please tell me how to get
rid of this error box?!!

remind 12:58 19 May 2006

remove ie7 and/or remove & reinstall bt yahoo browser. either could be the culprit

bloodnock 19:06 19 May 2006

thanks for the Advice Remind..but id be loathe to Uninstall BT yahoo browser as its set up up for all the Family with Sub Accounts for each, I would Consider Un-installing this Beta Version of IE 7 but I Dont know how to perform the un-install and Revert back to the IE 6 Version...Advice on how to would be Most welcome, I certainly couldnt face the Hassle of reformatting the Whole PC...JL

Jackcoms 19:23 19 May 2006

"Dont know how to perform the un-install and Revert back to the IE 6 Version"

To remove IE7 - Control Panel; Add/Remove Programs; Add/Remove Windows components. Scroll down to Internet Explorer.

Make sure you have your original Windows CD handy to reinstall IE6. Then visit the Windows Update site for any security patches.

A word of advice for the future - steer clear of Beta products if you're not sure about using them. IE7 is a Beta product.

bloodnock 14:20 20 May 2006

Reformatted windows XP and Re-installed IE6 along with it and still i Get a Ybrowser.exe-Application Error which reads "the instruction at"0x594d673c" referenced memory at"0x594d673c". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to Terminate the Program".
this only appears after i close a Yahoo browser sub account,. How can it be cured, seems odd that after a full Reformat i still get this annoying error..Any Advice Welcome..thanks..JL

jensonbutton 17:21 06 Jun 2006

I had the same problem when i changed from BT anytime to Broadband - BT suggested this and it worked for me!

1. Open ' Internet Explorer'
2. Click on ' Tools ' & "internet options"
3. Click on " Advanced " tab
4. "Uncheck" the option "Enable third party browser extension( requires restart)" which you will find in " the browsing section
5. Click on 'Apply' and then Click 'OK'

Restart your PC & fingers crossed!

Hope it helps....

jensonbutton 17:29 06 Jun 2006

Oh... i meant to say. I found that it was something to do with BT browser and Google Toolbar interfering with each other. Once I had unistalled the Google Toolbar all was well!

jensonbutton 17:29 06 Jun 2006

Oh... i meant to say. I found that it was something to do with BT browser and Google Toolbar interfering with each other. Once I had unistalled the Google Toolbar all was well!

mush73 01:09 25 Sep 2006

i am adminastrator account and cant get adobe or maromedia fladhplayer too download it keeps saying no access to system configuration modifications use admin account and rereun

terryf 04:48 25 Sep 2006

mush73
Are you starting a new thread or hijacking this one?

bloodnock 07:47 25 Sep 2006

Got rid of Yahoo BT Browser and I just use Internet explorer now........seems to work fine now.

PS: its great to see Lysdexia rules in your post Mush73, it took some following.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?